If you’ve forgotten your Windows 7 administrator password and want to reset Windows Password With CMD and access your really important data, this tutorial is for you. Forgetting the account password is very common and you don’t need to panic.
There are many ways to reset forgotten passwords for Windows And Reset Windows Password With CMD, The one I will show you guys is using a bootable Windows 7 USB and try to access system32 files. So let’s get started.
This article is for you if you’ve forgotten your Windows 7 administrator password and want to use CMD to reset it and give access to your important files. You don’t need to be worried if you forget your account password.
There are several methods for resetting lost Windows passwords, including utilizing a bootable Windows 7 USB and attempting to access system32 files. So let’s get this party started.
Steps To Reset Windows Password With CMD Command Prompt
Boot off the Windows disk if you don’t have one, you can Make Windows 7 system repair disk and select the “Repair your computer” option from the lower left-hand corner.
Follow through until you get to the option to open the Command Prompt, which you’ll want to select.
First you’ll want to type in the following command to backup the original sticky keys file:
copy c:\windows\system32\sethc.exe c:\
Then you’ll copy the command prompt executable (cmd.exe) over top of the sticky keys executable:
copy c:\windows\system32\cmd.exe c:\windows\system32\sethc.exe
Now you can reboot the PC.
Steps For Resetting the Password & Reset Windows 7 Password Command Prompt
Once you get to the login screen, hit the Shift key 5 times, and you’ll see an administrator mode command prompt.
Now to reset the password—just type the following command, replacing the username and password with the combination you want:
net user geek MyNewPassword
That’s all there is to it. Now you can login.
Important: You have to put the original file “sethc.exe” back to their location. That you can do by the same process given above.
- Reboot With Windows Installation Disk, and then
- Open Command Prompt, and then
- Copy the file from “C:\sethc.exe” to the location “C:\windows\system32\setch.exe”
Second Typical Method To Reset Windows 7 Password Command Prompt
It’s never nice to forget your password, but thankfully there’s a simple way to recover it. All you’ll need is a copy of the Windows installation disc and a single command-line technique.
Note: If you have a Microsoft account and are using Windows 10, you will need to change your password in a different method. The issue is that, with Microsoft accounts, you must reset your password on their servers rather than locally.
Reset Here Forgotten Windows 7 Password
The Windows 7 login password is incorrect
- BOOT MENU
- Turn off your computer.
- Plugin the Windows 7 bootable USB.
- Go to the boot menu by pressing the F12 key (Lenovo laptop).
- Select USB in the boot menu list and press the Enter key (you can also use the Windows 7 DVD).
Lenovo boot menu
- The Windows installation process begins, click “Next”.
Windows 7 click Next
- Click on “Repair your computer”.
- Windows 7 Repair your computer
Repair your computer
- Under System Recovery Options select “Restore your computer using a previously created system image”.
- Click “Next”.
Restore Your Computer – System Image
- A pop-up menu will appear, click “Cancel”.
Undo Re-image Windows 7
- Click “Cancel” again.
- Cancel the backup of the Windows 7 system image
- Command Prompt Under System Recovery Options select “Command Prompt”.
System recovery options
Type the following command in CMD:
- C: (press the Enter key).
- WINDOWS CD (press the Enter key).
- SYSTEM32 CD (press the Enter key).
REN SETHC.EXE SETHC.EXE.BAK
- (press the Enter key).
- COPY CMD.EXE SETHC.EXE (press the Enter key).
Now close the Windows Prompt command by simply clicking on the cross sign at the top right.
Command Prompt Sethc.exe cmd.exe
- Click “Restart”.
- Restart the Windows 7 password reset in cmd
The Windows 7 login screen will appear after reboot.
- Then press SHIFT KEY on the keyboard five (5) times.
Windows CMD will appear.
Press the SHIFT key 5 times
- Type the following command in your CMD.
- USERNAME USERNAME NEW PASSWORD . eg. “Apple Store” network
- Press the Enter key
- The message “The command completed successfully” will be displayed.
Also, note that instead of “username” you need to correct the login name as mine is “Infotech APB”. If you don’t have space in your login name, don’t use double quotes around your username. Password is your new password, it could be anything you want as if you use “12345”.
Close the Command Prompt menu.
- Type in your new password, e.g. My password is 12345.
- Press the Enter key.
- Net username password
Successful mission. My administrator account is now accessible and my data is safe.
Log into Windows 7 successfully after resetting the password
Also, Check Related To This:
- How to fix – Registry Editing has been Disabled by Your Administrator?
- How to enable task manager disabled by the administrator?
- Offline Windows Computer Tips Tricks.
- Useful and Cool Computer Tips Tricks.