For 2021 we discover and collected some unique and interesting computer tips and tricks. If you were new to this website you might check earlier Computer Tips And Tricks By InfoTech APB.
Computer Tips And Tricks 2021
- 95 Amazing Computer Tips And Tricks.
- 20 Offline computer Tips And Tricks 2020.
- 15 Cool Computer Tips Tricks That Everyone Should Know.
1. Create A Shortcut Key For Specific Software
Did you know you can create your own shortcut key for your any computer Application/App?
- Just Do Right-Click on the app & open Properties.
- Click and move to the Shortcut Tab as shown in the image.
- Click on the shortcut key row and press your favorite shortcut key.
- And the Last click Ok.
CTRL + ALT will by default you can not change it, just click on apply and that’s it now you can use that shortcut key to open that software.
Now try to open that application with your desired specific shortcut key.
2. Pause Updated More than Month
You might have noticed that in windows 10 you can pause dated only for 7 days after that you will again have to pause if you want, but you can simply pause an update more than a month
- Go to Windows Settings > Updates & Security >.
- Click once on “Pause updates for 7 days”.
- Now again click 5 more times continuously on “Pause updates for 7 days”
You will see the windows updates resume date will be increased by 7 days to 35 days. As shown in the image above.
3. Shake And Minimize Window
Here’s the best computer trick. If you have stacks and stacks of windows open, and you want to Minimize and move down, then simply do this. Click on the top bar of your desired window, hold it down, and shake with the mouse to instantly minimize all other open windows. Do it again to restore those windows.
4. Create Password Protected Files and Folder Archives
This is the best way to protect your files and folder without having any additional application, also you can use this method in any version of Windows, MAC & Linux. This can be work in the 7-Zip, WinRAR, or The Unarchiver (Mac) or some equivalent.
- Right-click on the files or the folder.
- Click on Add To Archives.
- Now Click on set password and enter your password.
- Confirm the password and click ok.
Now your files and folder will be moved to a password protected archives. You can access it anytime by putting your secure password. No one can open your files without the correct password.
5. Deep Delete Windows Files
When you normally delete your files from your computer, first it goes to the windows recycle bin, after that, you can delete also them from recycle bin. You can delete the files to without going in recycle bin.
You can Permanently delete your files by pressing the combination of the “Shift + Delete” Key. But this is not at all, anyone can recover these files with the help of recovery software. Because windows actually don’t delete your files, windows will only remove the reference of the file until its written over by another file.
Sometimes it is also possible to recover these files even after you replace and make your drive full with new files. You can deep delete/secure delete your files with some software like CC Cleaner, Eraser, and Secure eraser. But I recommend you erase them with CMD.
And Second Method to Erase your files Permanently by using the windows command prompt so software such as Recuva can’t recover files/folders. To Erase with cmd follow below steps:-
- Open Command Prompt as Administrator.
- Enter the command cipher /w:C: and press enter.
- You can enter your specific drive letter or files directory with the letter C.
- That’s how you can erase any single file to a whole drive with the windows command prompt.
6. How to check my Antivirus is Working or Not?
Users always wonder whether their antivirus program is working or not, if it’s working then they think it’s perfect or not. If you want to check out whether your antivirus is guarding your PC well or not, do the following steps:
- Step 1. Open Notepad On your PC.
- Step 2. Copy/Paste the code given below in the notepad.
Step 3. Click on “File” in top left corner and click on “Save As” or press the shortcut key “CTRL+Shift+S” to save file as.
Step 4. Rename the file as “EICAR.COM” and select save as type “All Files” then Click “Save“.
Now your saved File look like a programe file as shown in the image below.
If your antivirus software is compliant, it will alert you to the availability of this virus testing code. This is not dangerous to your computer because it is a well-known method of determining the strength of any antivirus system.
7. Which word you can’t use for renaming the folder?
You can use almost every word to name/rename your files and folders on your PC, but try to do the following:
- Create a folder anywhere on your PC
- Rename this folder with “CON” and see what happens.
- Similarly, try to rename files such as images or documents with “CON“. It would not Change.
8. Speed Up Your Computer With Repairing & Cleaning Registry Errors
Are you looking to improve and speed up the performance of your computer? If this is the case, you should clear your computer’s registry. Are you wondering how to do that? While manually cleaning computer registries is time-consuming, you can download a free registry cleaner.
A free registry cleaner scans your registry for problems and fixes them with a series of operations. If you’re seeking a free registry cleaner that’s less risky, you can download it from the above-given link.