Increasing Performance in Windows 10 PC is a Major issue Nowadays. Windows 10 is designed for a fast user experience which is the combination of extra visual effects and animation. And thus these animations and visual effects take a very high ram and processor usage. Also, these animation works with tons of temporary files and some of the temporary files are for only one time.
This means Windows 10 works with thousands of wasted temporary files which will use for one time. And these temporary files and animations can slow down the low-end PC’s. In this “Increase Performance In Windows 10” Guide you will know the ways to optimize your Windows 10 Computer to speed up & Increase the Performance of your PC.
Tips Tricks to Increase Performance In Windows 10 Computer
If your computer is running slow or some programs are misbehaving, follow the below steps to optimize & Boost your PC by cleaning extra files with the following guide:
1. Stop Startup Apps To Speed Up Windows:
A common ailment is having too many start-up programs when a computer is slow to boot up. Press the Windows key to fix this in Windows 10, and then type (and choose) Task Manager. Many of the apps installed on your computer can be automatically configured to launch during startup and continue to run in the background. If you don’t use those applications on a regular basis, though or you don’t have a strong computer, they can drain precious machine energy, which can slow down the experience considerably.
Is it Safe to Stopping Startup apps from windows 10 PC?
For instance, do you really need Steam to start up when you log on to your PC? If all you do on this PC is play, then maybe the answer is yes. The answer is almost definitely “no”if it’s a multi-purpose PC. You don’t want to turn off anything that is mission-critical, even if it has a “high impact, but take a good look at everything.
How can I remove startup apps from windows 10 pc?
To remove or disable the startup apps on a Windows 10 Computer you need to follow the steps provided below:
- Open your computer’s Windows 10 Settings > Apps > Startup >.
- And Click Sort by Startup Impact.
- Now toggle off or uncheck the applications you don’t want to run at startup in your windows 10 pc.
- Close And Restart Once Your Windows.
After following all the steps given above and restarting your pc, obviously, this makes your pc faster than before. Because it makes your windows startup programs light.
2. Disable Re-Launch Apps on Windows Startup:
By default, when a device or software upgrade immediately restarts the computer, Windows 10 attempts to reopen everything that was open on the desktop before the shutdown. In other words, Windows 10 also has a feature that, right before you sign in to your account, will restart applications from your last session after a reboot. It’s a good feature, but it can influence output as well and it’s easy to turn it off. While this function has been developed to speed up the workflow in order to return to the applications faster, it can also influence the performance of the device.
How to stop re-launch apps at startup in Windows 10?
To stop ReLaunch Apps on Startup in Windows 10 PC you just need to follow the steps provided below:
- Open your computer’s Windows 10 Settings > Sign In Option > Privacy >.
- Toggle off and stop the “Use my sign-in info to automatically finish setting up my device and reopen my apps after an upgrade or restart” option.
- Close & restart your windows Once.
After following all the steps given above and restarting your pc, the apps on your pc that you are currently running will no longer to reopen or relaunch at startup.
3. Disable Background Updates:
If your windows are set up for an automatic apps update obviously it will take some memory process to complete this action. And this slows down your windows 10 Pc. There is something you can do to stymie Windows Update and other background download features in Windows. Left unchecked, these processes may drag down your windows connection performance, as well as the machines.
To Stop Windows 10 from updating itself, you need to set your connection as a metered connection. In other words, Windows 10 would not automatically download updates to it when you configure the internet connection as “metered”. As you can see below in the image as an example. Windows 10 can automatically set those types of connections to be metered, such as cellular data connections. You also should configure every connection as a metered connection.
4. Set Internet Connection as Metered:
This tells Windows 10 not to download any major updates, at least for a little bit, while on the Wi-Fi network. It will inevitably force an upgrade, and that much of the time, this setting works. It also stops pinging servers for certain programs, which can help decrease background process performance.
How to turn an internet connection into a Metered Internet Connection?
To Set and turn your home, Wi-Fi, or wired Ethernet connection as a metered Connection follow the steps provided below:
- Go to Your Windows 10 Settings > Network & Internet > Wi-Fi, or Settings > Network & Internet > Ethernet >.
- Now set your Connection as Metered.
After enabling this option, Windows Update will say “Updates are available. We’ll download the updates as soon as you connect to Wi-Fi, or you can download the updates using your data connection (charges may apply.)” By marking a connection as metered, you’ve tricked Windows into thinking it’s a mobile data connection–for example, you might be tethering your PC to your smartphone. You can click the Download button to download and install updates at your leisure.
5. Remove Non-Essential & Bloatware Apps:
Startup apps are just half the problem. Few systems have tiny support utilities that run even though an app is not running in the background. Uninstalling all the applications you never use to improve device efficiency should still be considered. You don’t want to turn these off manually unless you’re familiar with what they’re doing. A better approach is to just unload the apps that you never or rarely use, including bloatware applications that came preinstalled on your PC. This means when you purchase a new Computer with OS, it’ll come with many pre-installed apps that you don’t need, such as the normal bloatware and software that you never need and will simply waste space and energy on your computer. How to Remove Non-Essential & Bloatware Apps? To Remove these Non-Essential & Bloatware Apps and speed up Windows 10 follow the steps provided below:
- Go to Your Windows 10 Settings > Apps > Apps & Features >.
- Select the app that you want to remove.
- Click on Remove Buton & again Click On Remove To Confirm.
- Close & Restart Once to Refresh.
If you’re removing a traditional desktop app, you may need to continue with the on-screen directions to finish uninstalling. This works for regular desktop apps as well, but we still recommend the old school Control Panel method for removing those. After you follow the above steps similarly, you need to remove all other left Non-Essential & Bloatware Apps.
6. Disable Windows Search Index:
While Windows Search is the main component of windows, but it may take more resources by searching or finding any file on your pc, especially when you know your file in which drive but not an exact location, so you start searching but windows will look up in all drives available in your pc. It means it took a long time and more resources, ram, and processor. Normally it took drag down your windows computer system. Especially it can impact performance on low-end devices. If you usually know where your files are located, you can prevent indexing from slowing down your computer
How to Disable Windows Search Indexer?
To Disable Windows Search Indexer to prevent loading extra drives during a file search, follow the steps provided below:
- Go to Your Windows 10 Settings > Search > Search Windows > More Search Indexer Settings > Advance Search Indexer Settings >.
- In indexing Options Click On the “Modify” button.
- Now Click On the “Show All Locations” Button.
- Clear all the selected locations and Select Your Prior Locations.
- Click “Ok” And “Close“.
Below are the images for extra clarification on examples:
- Go to Your Windows 10 Settings > Search > Search Windows >.
- Under the “More Search Indexer Settings” section, click the Advanced Search Indexer Settings option.
- Click the Modify button.
- Click the Show all locations button.
- Clear all the selected locations.
- Click the OK button.
After following all the steps above, windows search still works but no longer to index the drive which you cleared from the locations of the search indexer.
7. Disable Animation, Visual Effects & Transparency Effects:
Windows 10 has many visual effects that look very amazing and for the user’s best experience, but for small PCs or low-end PC’s is very heavy to use these features.
These Effects include Taskbar Transparency, Folder Shadows, Windows Explorer Minimize Animation, Smooth Fonts, Start Menu Animations & Blurry Effects, and many more you will see in the performance option’s visual effects.
But the good thing is you can stop or turn off these extra features as much as you want at any time. It takes only 2 minutes to stop these visual transparency effects and animations.
(a) Disable Windows Animations & Visual Effects:
This will take a few minutes to disable Visual Animation effects in windows 10. To disable animations, shadows, smooth fonts, and other effects, use these steps:
How To Disable Animations & Visual Effects In Windows 10?
- Go to Your Windows 10 Settings > System > About >.
- Now Click on System Info > On Top Right Corner.
- Now Click On the Advanced system settings > link from the left pane.
- Navigate To Advanced > Tab on top 2nd last option.
- Now Under the “Performance” section, click the Settings > button.
- Click the Visual Effects > tab first option on the top bar.
- Select the Adjust for best performance > option to uncheck and disable all the effects and animations.
- Last and Final Click Apply >, Ok > and Close.
Once you Completed All the above steps, restart your computer once to refresh your system and stop the animation working on windows 10.
(b) Disable Aero And Transparency Effects:
You can also Disable your Fluent Design visual effects as you disabled Taskbar Transparency, Folder Shadows, Windows Explorer Minimize Animation, Smooth Fonts, Start Menu Animations & Blurry Effects.
How to disable transparency effects from Windows 10?
To disable Aero Effects or Visual Transparency Effects from Windows 10, follow the steps provided below:
- Go to Your Windows 10 Settings > Personalization > Colors > Transparency Effects >.
- Turn Off the Transparency Effects Off and Close.
After Turning Off Transparency Effects From your windows 10 pc, not only your pc feels faster but also this frees up space & resources for another important task.
8. Remove Extra Temporary Cache Files:
Windows 10 contains more and more large temporary files from other operating systems for a better computer experience & Performance. But for low-end PC’s and small storage computers these Temporary Files Can slow your Computer’s performance. So, for a better and fast Computer experience, you need to clean these temporary files from time to time.
(a) Remove Cache Files From Windows 10 Computer:
Cleaning temporary files with windows 10 are comes in many types, but here we will be introduced you to the simple and easy ways to clean your windows 10 temporary files and speed up your PC. Below we mentioned the name of total processes to clean temporary files in windows 10:
- Clear Temporary Files Using Disk Clean Up.
- Clear Temporary Files Using File Explorer History.
How to Clean Temporary Cache Files With Disk Clean Up In Windows 10?
- Go to your windows start menu by pressing Windows Key And search “Disk Clean Up“.
- Open Disk Clean Up & make sure the default selected drive is your windows drive, mine is (C).
- Select or check the box of “temporary files” in Disk Clean-Up Window.
- And then click on “Clean up system files“
- And the last click “Ok” And “Close”.
How to Clean Temporary Cache Files With File Explorer History In Windows 10?
- Open File Explorer in your windows 10 with “Windows Key + E” or open your file explorer from “Windows Taskbar”.
- Click on the “View” Tab on the top of your file explorer window.
- In the “View” Section, Click on “Options“.
- In General Tab Click On “Clear” on the Third one option in the “Privacy Section“.
- Now the last Click on “Ok” & Close.
Once you follow all the steps given above this will free up some space on your Windows 10, and that will increase the speed of your windows 10. Maybe it looks like a bit of improvement to see. But also, this is just a small part of your whole process
(b) Remove Cache Files From Windows 10 Computer Browser:
Removing cache files from your computer’s browser is also very helpful to increase your PC’s performance. When you run any site on your Windows 10 computer’s browser, your browser automatically stores some information about the site and structure of the website for next time visit for a fast user experience. This information stores on your computer as temporary “Cache Files”.
But sometime’s you don’t need to visit again some of your visited websites or app. So you also don’t need these temporary files for a long time. And you can remove these files manually. Every browser has different ways to remove these cache files. So, we’ve already made a guide on “How to remove Cache Data From Computer’s Browsers?“. Follow the above-given guide to remove cache data from one of your’s computer browsers.
You may also like, related to this:
- Why & How to Clear Cache on Computer Browser.
- How To Free Up Hard Drive Space In Windows.
- How To Remove Pendrive Shortcut Virus Without Losing Data.
- How to Enable Task Manager Which Has Been Disabled By Your Administrator.
- How To Recover Lost Files From External Hard Drive.